the essay should include five paragraphs, as follows:
- Paragraph 1 is your lead paragraph. It will contain an overview of what you have to say in comparing and contrasting the perspectives of Gerhard Lenski, Leslie White, and Alvin Toffler with respect to the evolution of technology.
- Paragraphs 2, 3, and 4, are your body paragraphs.
- In your essay, use paragraph 2 to describe the perspective of Gerhard Lenski.
- In paragraph 3, youâ€™ll write about the perspective of Leslie White.
- In paragraph 4, youâ€™ll describe and discuss the perspective of Alvin Toffler.
- Paragraph 5 is your summary and conclusion. Here, youâ€™ll compare the three perspectives to show how they are, or maybe, similar. Youâ€™ll contrast the three perspectives to describe how theyâ€™re different. Youâ€™ll end this process–and your essay–by expressing your view as to which of these theorists (one or more) offer the most useful insights into the evolution of technology, in your opinion.
Itâ€™s permissible to use direct quotes from your reading, but donâ€™t use too many. One to three such quotes should be your limit. Be sure to put a direct quote in quotation marks. For example: According to Smith, â€œCarbon dioxide is both our friend and our enemy.â€