Imagine you are the Director of Earthquake Preparedness for Los Angeles and have been tasked with writing a press release educating the public on earthquake preparedness.
Prepare a 700- to 1,050-word press release that includes the following information:
- Descriptions of hazards associated with earthquakes in Los Angeles.
- Origin and causes of earthquakes.
- Relation of earthquakes to plate tectonics and faults in Los Angeles.
- Historical disasters associated with past earthquakes in the LA region.
- Potential of future earthquake events.