- Formulate an organized, clearly worded, and succinct initial post that substantively covers all discussion points stated for your chosen topic. Because your initial post will be scored on the degree to which you meet these standards, there is no set minimum word requirement. However, there is a set maximum word requirement – confine your initial post to 500 words. Remember that we are all reading each other’s posts, and one that is succinctly written is more likely to be read and responded to, thus furthering our discussion on that topic.
- Include at least one graphic, video, or image that visually adds to some aspect of your post – as they say, pictures are worth 1000 words!
Choose a science news article highlighting a current event or recent research from online science news sources such as Science Daily, e! Science News, or Phys.org regarding the atmospheric greenhouse effect. Do not use reference websites, like Wikipedia, or internet blogs as sources. Construct an engaging 3-paragraph initial post. The paragraphs should address the following points:
· Paragraph 1: Briefly summarize the main points of the article in your own words.
· Paragraph 2: Discuss one or more ways that the article is directly tied to the concepts studied in chapter 2 regarding the atmospheric greenhouse effect.
· Paragraph 3: Give us “your take” on the relevance and importance of the article’s main points, and the atmospheric greenhouse effect in general, by providing personal points of view or related experiences.