U have 8 hours on it, the diagram u can draw on picture and scan into pdf then give me
Suppose a graduated cylinder is filled up to the 50 mL mark with dry sand. Then suppose that 30 mL of water is poured into the cylinder and the water level stands at the 62 mL mark.
- Why does the water not stand at the 80 mL mark?
- What is the volume of just the dry sand in the cylinder?
Explain your reasoning.
Explain your reasoning for every step in the following problem. A stick of butter has a volume of 120 cm3 and a mass of 110 g.
- What is the volume of 1 g of butter? Draw a diagram that illustrates the thinking involved in the calculation.
- What is the volume of 6 g of butter?
- What is the mass of 50 cm3 of butter? Draw a diagram that illustrates the thinking involved in the calculation.
Here is a description of a familiar course of events; A glass bottle filled with water was placed in the freezer. Some time later it was found that the water had frozen and the glass bottle had cracked open.
In answering the following questions, cite evidence from the above description and experiment you have performed in the laboratory. Explain your reasoning.
- Upon freezing, did the volume of the water increase, decrease, or remain the same?
- Upon freezing, did the mass of the water increase, decrease, or remain the same?