!!!!!Please Please Please see all attachments before accepting
!!!!!Please NO Plagiarism
Use APA formatting and complete accurate citations
!!!!!Please Read instructions carefully!!!!!
Unit V Essay
Developing Nation Problem-Solution
MEXICO – Economic struggles, debt, joblessness, extreme poverty, lack of resources or infrastructure, hunger, economic inequality.
Within Unit VII, you are going to submit a Problem/Solution Research Paper that analyzes a social issue being faced by a particular periphery or semi-periphery nation. You will begin your research paper project in this unit. You will submit an essay which will act as a beginning draft for your Unit VII Research Paper. This Unit V essay assignment will not be submitted through SafeAssign since this is a draft assignment. You will be permitted to copy and paste material from this essay directly into your Unit VII paper.
SOC 2010, Cultural Geography 5
Before starting the Unit V essay assignment:
1. Read the requirements for the Unit VII problem-solution paper, and review the grading rubric for the paper, as well. This information can be found below, within the Unit VII Research Paper instructions.
2. Pick a country for your essay assignment which will also be the same country used for the Unit VII paper (the country must be from a periphery nation or semi-periphery nation). Note: The Unit II reading explains the concept of periphery and semi-periphery which will help you in choosing your country.
MEXICO – Economic struggles, debt, joblessness, extreme poverty, lack of resources or infrastructure, hunger, economic inequality. (Semi Periphery Country)
Semi-peripheral countries help stabilize the world system by providing a connection between the core and peripheral countries. They are major exporters and focus on manufacturing. Though major contributors to the world’s economy, they tend to have unmanaged poverty and lack the economic power to rise to core standards, though they may have once been core countries.
3. Begin brainstorming and researching about the issues and solutions you want to cover in this essay assignment and subsequently in your research paper. You can choose one of the topics listed in the link below, or you may pick your own topic:
Unit V Essay Assignment Instructions: Submit a two page essay with draft material you can use in your final paper (remember, the final research paper is due in Unit VII). This two page essay is meant to get you started in your researching and writing for the final paper.
Developing Nation Problem Solution Essay Assignment Instructions & Requirements
The two page essay must use the following headings: Introduction of Problem, Solution, and Conclusion.
It is required that each section include the following:
1. Introduction of Problem: Briefly introduce the country you are presenting and the major social issue (economic, political, environmental, political, war, poverty, etc.) Include a description of the nation’s background, geography, demographics, and other important details about the nation that are important for your presentation of the problem. Present details about the social issue being faced in the nation. You can present more than one issue. This section should contain research you found on the issue and your own analysis. Make sure to include who the problem impacts and seriousness of the issue. You want to convey to the reader why it is a problem. Present your thesis or main argument in the introduction.
2. Solution: Present at least one solution to the issue. This section should contain research you found on the solution(s) and your own analysis. Discuss things like why it is the best solution, who is involved in implementing the solution, and potential positive and negative impact of implementing the proposed solution(s). *In the final draft in Unit VII you will provide a more in-depth explanation and analysis of the solutions and include at least one sustainable solution to the problem.
3. Conclusion: Include: (1) Summary of what was discussed and any final thoughts. You can talk about how it impacts the future, need for future research, or call to action.
It is required that you apply the term globalization in your essay in some capacity. Discuss how globalization or inter-connectedness relates to the issue or solution. This discussion could involve concepts discussed in the textbook like the impact of colonialization, imperialism, technology, environment, immigration/migration, Westernization, terrorism, geopolitics, trade, military, etc.
Your paper should be written in APA style with a minimum of 2 pages (not including the title and reference pages).
Source Requirement: Your essay must contain research you have gathered from a minimum of two sources (not including the textbook). Sources can be from reputable news or magazine sources, organizational or governmental websites, or peer reviewed journal sources.
Romano, C. (1997, September). Mexico y el mundo. (Mexico’s economic struggle). Management Review, 86(8), 10+. Retrieved from http://go.galegroup.com.libraryresources.columbiasouthern.edu/ps/i.do?p=AONE&sw=w&u=oran95108&v=2.1&it=r&id=GALE%7CA20076970&asid=6595683b5ec2cd1871f698df05ba1549
Ahmed, A., & Malkin, E. (2017, January 5). Nafta’s Promise Is Falling Short, Mexicans Agree. New York Times, p. A1(L). Retrieved from http://go.galegroup.com.libraryresources.columbiasouthern.edu/ps/i.do?p=AONE&sw=w&u=oran95108&v=2.1&it=r&id=GALE%7CA476480904&sid=AONE&asid=19546dda0e782dfeeb602ff82ffcd467
Dropsy, V. (1995). NAFTA and the Mexican economic crisis: causality or coincidence? The Social Science Journal, 32(4), 361+. Retrieved from http://go.galegroup.com.libraryresources.columbiasouthern.edu/ps/i.do?p=AONE&sw=w&u=oran95108&v=2.1&it=r&id=GALE%7CA17771086&sid=AONE&asid=cf99f3d5b0c1b0b3e9ec7f7fee66feb1