- Like all laws, health care laws start as health care policy and make their way through the legislative process to become law. It is important to understand that hundreds of policies and ideas work through this process each year; however, only a select few will become law. The purpose of this assignment is for you to read about a current regulatory issue in health care and understand how laws support the regulation of the health care industry.
Write a 350- to 700-word paper in which you:
- Summarize the case or article.
- Define a law involved with the chosen regulatory issue from both a state level (choose one common state) and a federal level.
- Explain how and why the law was created.
- Consider what you have read in the article or legal case on the selected regulatory issue, and explain the impact that regulatory issues and trends have on the health care industry.
Cite 1 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar reference to support your paper.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines. (This includes a title page, reference page, and adding in-text citations throughout your text)
Submit your assignment.