MotoWin Auto Superstore is thinking about offering a two-year limited warranty for $952 on all new cars of a certain model. The terms of the warranty would be that MotoWin would replace the car free of charge under certain, specified conditions. Replacing the car in this way would cost MotoWin $13,600. Suppose that under the warranty, there is a 7% chance that MotoWin would have to replace the car one time and a 93% chance they wouldn’t have to replace the car.If MotoWin knows that it will sell many of these warranties, should it expect to make or lose money from offering them? How much?
To answer, take into account the price of the warranty and the expected value of the cost from replacing the car.
MotoWin can expect to make money from offering these warranties.In the long run, they should expect to makedollars on each warranty sold.MotoWin can expect to lose money from offering these warranties.In the long run, they should expect to losedollars on each warranty sold.MotoWin should expect to neither make nor lose money from offering these warranties.