- Formulate an organized, clearly worded, and succinct essay that substantively covers all discussion points stated for your chosen topic. Because your essay will be scored on the degree to which you meet these standards, there is no set minimum word requirement. However, there is a set maximum word requirement – confine your essay to 500 words. Remember that we are all reading each other’s essays, and one that is succinctly written is more likely to be read and responded to, thus furthering our discussion on that topic.
- Include at least one graphic, video, or image that visually adds to some aspect of your essay – as they say, pictures are worth 1000 words!
Construct an engaging 3-paragraph initial post that discusses the effects and hazards of clouds in aviation. The paragraphs should address the following points:
· Paragraph 1: Describe one cloud type (other than fog – which is the topic of 3. below) that significantly effects or presents a hazard to aviation (take off, landing, or enroute) (graphics will add greatly to the discussion here).
· Paragraph 2: Summarize the specific aviation-related effects or hazards associated with the chosen cloud type.
· Paragraph 3: You have two options for this paragraph: 1) Summarize an actual aircraft incident that illustrates the hazardous impacts of this cloud type, or 2) Give us “your take” on the relevance and importance of the topic from your own perspective – personal points of view or related experiences, for example.