Computer Science homework help
At a minimum, you will be expected to complete 3 posts during the unit: 1 original response to the Discussion Board question and 2 posts responding to classmates, following these guidelines:
Your original post must be at least 200 words in length. It must reference the text or course learning materials at least once. Please note that even if the question asks for an opinion, you are still expected to support opinions with references to course materials and any other credible academic sources to support your opinions. Do not use Internet sources other than those provided in the course materials. APA format is not necessary for your Discussion Board when citing references, but you are required to acknowledge your resources: In the narrative, describe where information was obtained. For example, “As mentioned in Chapter 2 of the course textbook, prioritizing tasks is…”
Your two response posts must be at least 75 words in length. Responses should contribute to the conversation by being reflective, specific, and engaging. Quick responses (such as “I agree” or “Thank you!”) will not be counted as adequate.
Your first contribution must be posted before midnight CST (Central time) on Friday of each week. You must make 2 additional posts—on separate days between Saturday and Tuesday—before midnight CST. The original response and the peer responses can be completed in any order.
For assistance in supporting your assignment, please use your text and all course materials.
After you have reviewed the Assignment Details below, click the Discussion Board link under the My Work heading above to make your post.
How to Post to the Discussion Board
Before starting the actual report required for the course, it will be critical to understand the legal constraints impacting investigations. The assignment for this week is to discuss computer forensics laws impacting and constraining investigators. Understanding the legal constraints will be critical in developing reports and implementing any forensics procedures because failure to do can result in severe penalties, fines, the loss of a civil or criminal case, or even imprisonment.
Discuss the impact of at least 3 of the following legal entities, and state the legal significance and impact to investigations of all 3:
- U.S. Statutory Law: Wiretap Act (18 U.S.C. § 2511)
- U.S. Statutory Law: Pen Register and Trap and Trace Devices (18 U.S.C. § 3121-27)
- U.S. Statutory Law: Stored Wire and Electronic Communication (18 U.S.C. § 2701-120)
- Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA), 18 U.S.C. § 22510-22 (1986)
- Constitution: Fourth and Fifth Amendments
- Federal Rules of Evidence (admissibility), Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure
- Legal requests, warrants (legal related documentation)
Respond to 2 of your fellow classmates with a reply of at least 100 words. Use the following questions as a guide:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?