PLEASE CHECK THE ATTACHMENT BOOK AND FIND ANSWERS FROM THE CHAPTER. EXPLAIN 7-8 LINES ONLY.
Chapter 5: Language
- Discuss the contemporary global prevalence of the English language,citing specific statistics from the text.
- Why/how is the English language is the United states so different from that England/Britain?
- Explain the rise and subsequent decline in global significance of the Russian Language during the 20th century.
- Summarize the key points in the origin and diffusion of the Romance languages.
- Explain the characteristics of a creole language.
- Compare/ contrasts the situation with Hebrew as a “revived language” with that of the Celtic family as “preserved languages”.
- What is an isolated language? Provide at least one example.
- Distinguish between Franglais, Spanglish, and Denglish, citing examples and specific information for each.
Chapter 7: Ethnicity
- Compare/contrast the geographical concentrations of the four US ethnicities used as case studies in your text (i.e where are they located, where are they not &why?)
- Provide a summary overview of what your text outlined as the 3 distinct phases of African American migration patterns.
- Discuss the “separate but equal” doctrine from US history and how it was implemented.
- Provide an overview of division by race in South Africa several decades ago, using/defining the term aparthied in your discussion.
- What is nationalism? Use/define centripetal force in your discussion
- what is the nation-state? Provide examples (as noted in the text) and explain why they may or may not be perfect examples of the concept.
- Your text noted two basic categories concerning why ethnicities can clash. Discuss and provide at least 1 detailed example of each. .
- Explain in detail why Russia was described as the largest multinational state.
- What is balkanization? From what source is the term derived? what are the historical and current concerns related to balkanization?