Hypothesis Test” Please respond to the following:
please select one of the two subjects to discuss.
1 A) * research articles on hypothesis test and its application in business. Select one (1) company or organization which utilized hypothesis test technique for its business process (e.g., whether or not providing flexible work hours improve employee productivity.)
Give your opinion as to whether or not the utilization of such a technique improved business process for the selected company or organization. Justify your response.
- B) Select one (1) project from your working or educational environment that you would use the hypothesis test technique. Next, propose the hypothesis structure (e.g., the null hypothesis, data collection process, confidence interval, test statistics, reject or not reject the decision, etc.) for the business process of the selected project. Provide a rationale for your response.
2) Suppose that there are two (2) candidates (i.e., Jones and Johns) in the upcoming presidential election. Sara notes that she has discussed the presidential election candidates with 15 friends, and 10 said that they are voting for candidate Jones. Sara is therefore convinced that candidate Jones will win the election because Jones gets more than 50% of votes.
1. Based on what you now know about statistical inference, is Sara’s conclusion a logical conclusion? Why or why not?
2. How many friend samples Sara should have in order to draw the conclusion with 95% confidence interval? Why?
3. How would you explain your conclusion to Sara without using any statistical jargon? Why?
C)Confidence interval measures how believable the data represents in a given interval. When we have very high confidence level, the interval is larger. Our confidence level reduces when the confidence interval gets smaller.
Here is a simple example. You try to shoot the target from a distance. If I make the target very large, you have high confidence that you won’t miss the target. On the other hand, if I give you a very small target, you are not so confident that you will get to the target. In other words, you have less confidence level. Do you agree? Explain