Please do NOT use quotes/citations for this essay. ALL words must be your own. Writing in first person (I think, I realized, I learned, etc.) is encouraged.
Word Count: 1,000 minimum 1,250 maximum
Formatting: MLA, APA, or Chicago
You must submit a Word Doc or a PDF. No other files will be accepted.
For this essay, you will compare and contrast the work of Frida Kahlo and Jean-Michel Basquiat. Two documentary films will help you to gain insights into the lives of these artists:
Content/Requirements to Cover in Your Essay:
1. Critique, compare and contrast artists Frida Kahlo and Jean-Michel Basquiat, their artworks and styles. 20 points
2. Identify, describe and discuss the art of Frida Kahlo and Jean-Michel Basquiat in its historical context. 20 points
3. Express your own assumptions and thoughts or feelings about the art and lives of Frida Kahlo and Jean-Michel Basquiat. Be specific, and be critical. Avoid “fluffy” statements like “Frida’s art is just so amazing”. 30 points
4. Use appropriate art terminology. 10 points
5. Correct word count (1,000-1,250) words. 10 points
6. Correct formatting (MLA, APA, or Chicago. 10 points