According to Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs.
Answers these questions in 3-5 lines.
- What territorial issue has served as an obstacles in peace negotiations between Syria and Israel?
- How is the city of Jerusalem a factor in the peace process?
- What was Arafat’s fear in accepting Barak’s offer regarding the division of Jerusalem?
- In the 10 weeks prior to Christmas in the year 2000, ____ Palestinians and ___ Israelis were killed in the Intifada.
- what was the “Karine A” and why was it significant diplomatically?
- What organization planned and executed the suicide bombing (terrorist attack) of Passover 2001?
- Describe the Israeli military response to the attack in 2002.
- Why did Israel begin construction of a 500-mile barrier in the West Bank and what were Palestinian objectives?
- What territorial concession did Arial Sharon make in December 2003 and what did he hope to obtain in return?
- Discuss the “right of return” as related to Palestinian refugees and how this has been a significant factor in the peace process.
According to “Inside North Korea (PBS)” answer these questions. 3-5 lines answer.
- Describe the lack of freedoms in North Korea.
- Why is it difficult to defect via crossing the DMZ?
- Describe medical/hospital conditions in North Korea.
- Describe the extravagant lifestyle of Kim Jung II.