Computer Science homework help
Here you must give me the proposal first for approval (Due this week 08/05/2018). It is a simple three paragraph (it is about 12 line) description answering questions:
1. The first thing should be to find an appropriate incident related to either a successful or failed penetration testing effort, or a successful or unsuccessful hacking attempt against an organization, business or government facility. (First paragraph just about 5 line).
2. The second would be, discussion lay out the basic details of the case, why you chose this case, and speculate on what specific lessons you learned from the case, as well as possible recommendations for future situations. (it would be another 5 to 10 line).
For your information the following is an Example of one of the students submitted for approval:
I propose to do my research paper on a hacking operation named “Solar Sunrise”. The attack was done with the aid of a computer virus and US government officials initially suspected Iraqi info warriors of performing a cyber-attack. The operation to catch the attackers was known as ‘Solar Sunrise’ and, after the attacks, the Defense Department took drastic actions to prevent future incidents of this kind. I chose this topic because it represents one of the earlier successful hacks on government networks.
Solar Sunrise was performed 1998 by two teenage boys and resulted in root level access to military systems. For those who were involved in computing during this time, you would remember that security was not forefront in the minds of developers. The hack was relatively unsophisticated and opened the eyes of many military officials to the vulnerability of their systems.
Because of this hack, a new Joint Task Force on Computer Network Defense was established to take charge of protecting military networks. In May, President Clinton signed a new directive on cyber terror, establishing an interagency National Information Protection Center.
PLEASE FIND FULL DESCRIPTION FOR THE CASE STUDU PAPER REQUIREMENT.
Research the web and find an appropriate incident related to either a successful or failed penetration testing effort, or a successful or unsuccessful hacking attempt against an organization, business or government facility. Lay out the details of the case and provide your analysis of what was done and why, and speculate on what should have been done, or could have been done differently. As part of your analysis, you can speculate on what you might have done to change the outcome of your particular case. Draw specific lessons from the case and possible recommendations for future situations.
Write a paper with no less than five pages in which you:
1. Research the web and identify a case study with an appropriate situation related to penetration testing or hacking for or against a business, organization, or government facility.
2. Lay out the case details, and provide your analysis of what was done and why, the results of the effort, the specific threats and vulnerabilities, and what mitigation was attempted or should have been attempted.
3. You may speculate on what actions you might have taken in a similar situation as part of your analysis.
4. Draw specific lessons and recommendations from your analysis of the case as part of the conclusion, and have a strong concluding paragraph. Be sure to revise your introduction to reflect what the paper accomplished once you finish your first draft.
5. Use no less than five quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Please avoid copy work It will be checked by a system to confim copy of other work.
Comment made by the instractor:
I appreciated the documentation, but this is not a proposal but a summary of your sources concepts divided into neat subheadings. I don’t want subheadings, I want a straight narrative, in your words alone, based on what you know based on what you have read.
Tell me, as if you were talking to your mother, if she asked, what are you going to write on, and why, and to what end? I doubt if you would be quoting some source to tell her these are your ideas.
So you have the basic information, now think it through as to what you would recommend and learn and why. It may very well mirror one or two of your sources, but in the body you should be developing more than just what you believe, but may offer what others have thought of value.
In the lessons you can then argue that of X number of solutions offered by the experts, you believe the lessons, which will have already written, indicate only Y number are needed, to include Z that were not considered by the experts that you believe is the answer based on what you develop and argue in the body.
The introduction, which is based on your working proposal, should not have documentation, neither does the conclusion. All is based on what is presented and documented in the body.
I don’t mind one or two sources to support data in the proposal, but it simply is not needed. You have a good topic, not just write in your words and what you want to conclude and you have a very good proposal.