ERTH 330 Extra Credit
1. What is hydraulic fracturing? What method is used for gas extraction?
2. How much natural gas does President Obama say the USA has in reserve?
3. According to Wilma Subra, what has happened to the Gulf of Mexico ecosystem after the BP oil spill in 2010? Does gas production continue?
4. What is termed the “Saudi Arabia of natural gas”?
5. Is fracking included in the Safe Drinking Water Act? Do companies have to disclose what chemicals they are using during fracking?
6. According to the NY Times report how was waste water from drilling being disposed of?
7. What gas was contaminating Dimock, Pennsylvania’s groundwater?
8. Land owners in Wyoming do not own “Mineral Rights.” This means the oil and gas companies can buy the mineral rights and land owners have no control over where there is drilling and get no profits from oil and gas extracted from beneath their land. Does this seem fair?
9. What consequence of oil and gas drilling to human health is being experienced by Bob and Lisa Parr?
10. Was construction of the municipal water pipe that would bring clean water to Dimock, PA completed?
11. What is Hill & Knowlton? Who employed Hill & Knowlton in the past? Who employs Hill & Knowlton now?
12. What questions do you have for Josh Fox?
13. Is Gasland a skewed, one-sided portrayal of hydraulic fracturing? If you were to make the counter film, what would you show?